Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

So sick of the cold, are you?

Winter is beautiful, there is no doubt about that, but the constant cold kind of stagnates. I am from south of here, so these long winters are trying at best. I am complaining, and still we have months to go!
So here is a nice summer picture to cheer up your otherwise cold, cold day. This is my daughters last summer garden. She has a little space of her own to grow whatever she wants. In the bottom of the photo, is spearmint. Middle right is sage with pansies beyond that. There is a tiny purple basil on the far right. In the back left there are iris's, on the middle left, I think dahlias, and I don't know what else. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am fascinated by your blog. My grandmother could grow anything. So I too like to grow things in my backyard. One time I grew watermelon and it was ripe for Thanksgiving in Texas. Thank you for growing food for our country. It is very much a calling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment. You are right about the calling part. More a lifestyle, I think. It's a continuous learning experience. We lost all out beans and beets last year. First time that has ever happened. But the daughters garden sure looked great!

    ReplyDelete